ARTS infra general rules
- Workshops are available for study work, research and artistic work. If overbooking occurs, preference is given to ARTS courses.
- Respect other users of workshop.
- Keep the workshop clean at all times.
- Workshops are drug and alcohol free.
- Follow the workshop instructions and use always recommended protective gear.
Workshops are available for use for those with relevant permit during the opening hours of Aalto University. Technical staff are available to support and assist students during semesters on Mondays between 1 pm and 4 pm, from Tuesday to Friday between 9 am and 12 pm and between 1 pm and 4 pm. Please check for exceptions on the workshop website. More information on workshops:Aalto web pages
Aalto inside (Requires authentication)
Machinery and equipment is marked with traffic light colors to promote their safe use in workshops.
- RED: Staff only
- ORANGE: For use by students under supervision following a relevant induction
- GREEN: For use by students following a relevant induction
Technical staff organize workshop specific orientations, grant work permits and oversee workplace safety.
The majority of machines are equipped with card readers (e.g. HSL card) that enable identification of users with relevant permit.
Last modified: Tuesday, 25 August 2020, 12:09 PM